What area do you want to specialize in?

I would like to specialize in community psychology. Although I am still not very sure, I would probably take this area because of the infinite capacities it offers to make changes in the social structure. My indecision is because I still do not have the necessary knowledge to decide.
I would like to do this specialization outside of Chile, but not outside of Latin America. I still do not know in what university. In the case of not being able to study abroad I would like to do it at the University of Chile, because it is the best, there is no doubt.
What made me choose this area is because it carries with it an ethical commitment to those who live in injustices. In addition to being able to visualize a different horizon for the following generations. It is important for my career because it delivers a different value to the common of psychology, what is the clinical and organizational, those that produce a change but at a much more individual level.
Finally, it is a very important area, besides interesting. Theoretically, it could be beneficial, in addition to conducting research in this area that is committed to changes for a fairer society. and it makes us closer than what it proposes, I do not know, maybe the organizational one. But all this for the moment, since I still need more learning and content, and visualize a horizon studying the second year is difficult.

Comments

  1. You definitely like more the humanistic and social part of psychology, I hope you can go some day for studying a specialization in Latin America. Doing that, you could get another perspective, providing you more tools, especially if you're interested in the social/communitarian/organizational areas in Psychology. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HII!
    I'm almost sure that community psychology is the place where we can be more close to reality and the place were we can make big changes. Byee!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My future job

My first post

English language challenges